Sunday 22 September 2013

Hello Eorzea, goodbye Azeroth?



So I have already declared my adoration for Final Fantasy XIV. Unashamed, unabashed and without hesitation.

I'm so bad I'm a legacy player who get the sub cheap, can create up to 40 characters, get a funky mount and early access to the game starting in 11 hours. I even preordered collectors edition of the PS3 version.

Here's the thing, I am not loaded by any means and neither is my wife. We are just like you guys and living to a budget in these wonderful economic boom times. This means something has to give and after 7 glorious years of stomping mobs and bosses in World of Warcraft I am calling it a day, hanging up my Bow and Dragonstalker armour and bidding goodbye to Azeroth.

I have many many good memories of WoW and had gone back for a month or so to see how it still fit, but FFXIV has just about put the nail in the coffin.

I am even starting afresh in Final Fantasy. Level One, Phoenix server, Miquo'te male marauder.

If any of you people who happen to stumble on this blog are going to be in the game and know the name I habitually use feel free to /wave at me if our paths cross

No comments:

Post a Comment