Sunday 22 September 2013

No Bugger Plays 'em. A Semi regular series of blog posts

Evening Ladies and gentlemen, please pull up a pew, grab your favourite beverage and make yourselves comfortable while I introduce you to my new project.

"No Bugger plays 'em!" 

This is going to be an occasional series of blog posts (and possibly once I get a working microphone that's not built into my laptop, some audio) that have one big theme... games at the smaller end of the player numbers.

It feels wrong to me that so many games out there struggle away with hard pressed developer teams beating themselves senseless and as it says in the title "No bugger plays 'em!"

Originally this was going to be just MMO games since I play them a lot but then I thought about it and expanded the scope.

I'll be starting this series with Neocron, a game very very close to my heart as it was the first subscription MMO I ever played and I have the great honour of being a former Game Master trying to keep thousands of lunatics vaguely stable.

Part two will be about the game formerly known as Horizons : Empires of Istaria and now called Istaria : Trials of the Gifted. From there who knows? We'll have a look at what is out there and give 'em a go.

If you're up for it, subscribe to this blog and join me on a journey through the more sparsely populated end of the genre. If you're a rabid fan of some game out there and want me to have a look... you know what to do... let me know about your favourite!

More to come boys and girls! Like the Steppenwolf song says ...



"Well, you don't know what
We can find
Why don't you come with me little girl
On a magic carpet ride"



Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment