Saturday 21 July 2012

A lot of people are IDIOTS! Social Media and understanding search fields.

OK, so it may or may not come as a surprise that my name is Christian. Yup, same as the religion. You can only GUESS how many shit jokes that spawned right?

So here's the thing. I have Google +, Facebook and twitter accounts. In fact my G+ and my twitter both fire hose onto FB because I'm a lazy sod. Now what kind of moron does a search for ... ooh... say "christian" on those social media platforms and doesn't spot that it's the name and NOT the religion?

You want to know? About 80 people and bots so far.

Yup, 80.

So I waste my time blocking them because I really do not care that I am unlucky enough to share the same name as followers of the invisible bastard in the sky and his zombie son (if you want to know why I dislike Christianity so much do a Google search for Tomas de Torquemada and tell me that you don't have a problem with what he did). I hate all organised religion equally by the way, so please don't feel left out if you don't happen to be a follower of the Nazarene Carpenter. I think you're all mad.

So please, for the sanity of me and anyone else with this misbegotten name...

Learn to SEARCH!


No comments:

Post a Comment